How do I export my design?
NOTE: Access to our manual design process is available on request. Please email [email protected] with the subject line "Request Base Template Access" in your subject line and the name of your account in the body.
When you have completed your design in Illustrator, it is important to export your work with the right settings so the format is compatible and the finished product is as you envisioned.
Export the Artboard
Turn off “INFO” layer. You will no longer see any text/instructions and only the Artboard with the art boxes and your designs will remain.
Select File > Export > Export As…
Save as follows:
- Save As: Use the naming format ArtName.jpg - "ArtName" representing the Art Name you gave your product
- Format: JPEG (jpg)
- Check “Use Artboards”
- Check "Range" and enter 1
- Click “Export”
A new window will pop up and ask you for more save settings.
Save as follows:
- Color Model: RGB (this saves the color as represented in the original artwork).
- Quality: 10 (Maximum).
- Compression Method: Baseline (Standard).
- D: Medium (150 ppi).
- E: Anti-alising: Type Oprimized (Hinted).
- F: Leave “Embed ICC Profile” unchecked.
Click OK. You now have your file to upload your design.
Check Your Art
Make sure you inspect your exported file closely.
- We recommend opening the .jpg in Photoshop and zooming in
- Any unintended aspects in the design will be printed as they are on the .jpg
- If you created a repeating pattern using Illustrator, please check for thin lines between tiles as they will be printed if they are present
Tip: When you're on Step 3. Upload Art in the product creation process, following the Example file name is required as it will be the exact file name our system looks for to connect to your product.
If you previously exported your file before reaching this step, simply rename your .jpg file to the appropriate file name before uploading.
TIP: Once you have exported your file, the name of your design file will have “_BASE” at the end (on products with multiple sizes). This is a good way to check if you have exported the file correctly, as it will only appear if you have checked “Use Artboard” when exporting.